Evesham Archery Club is committed to ensuring that everyone can enjoy archery in a safe, supportive environment. For more information, please see our Safeguarding Policy.
Evesham Archery Club Safeguarding Policy - Download now
Etiquette and safety
All members are expected to abide by the rules and guidlines as set out by Archery GB and Evesham Archery Club at all times. This is for everyone's safety and respect for fellow archers.
Archery GB Rules of Shooting - Download now (link to Archery GB website)
Etiquette when shooting as set out by Archery GB:
A Good Archer:
- Does not talk in a loud voice whilst others are shooting.
- Does not talk to another competitor who obviously prefers to be silent.
- Does not make any exclamation on the shooting line that might disconcert a neighbour in the act of shooting.
- Does not go behind the target to retrieve his arrows before his score has been recorded.
- Does not walk up and down the shooting line comparing scores.
- Does not touch anyone else’s equipment without permission.
- Does not leave litter.
- When calling scores does so in groups of three, for example '7 - 7 - 5' pause '5 - 5 - 3'.
- If he breaks another’s arrow through his own carelessness, pays for it in cash on the spot.
- Thanks the Target Captain at the end of each round for work on his behalf.